From the Travelogic Dashboard, click on the ‘New Request’ button at the top of the screen:
1. Select a Client
In the following screen, click on the Find button to call up a list of existing Clients
Select the Client and click on Next
If you would like to add a new client, click on the plus (+) sign and complete the client's details.
2. Add the Request details
In the following screen, enter the following details:
- Start Date: click on the drop-down for the calendar and set the travel date of the request
- Type: click on the drop-down and select from FIT, Group, Group Series or Incentive
- Request Name: the name is automatically generated based on the name of the client, but can be edited
- Group Name: enter the name of the travelers or group. Please note that this name is used on the Itinerary as well as Vouchers
- Source: usually refers to a Marketing source, i.e. how did the client find us
- Priority: click on the drop-down and select from Low, Medium, High or Critical
- Client Contact: this will pull through from the contact/s listed on the Client
- Assigned User: the system automatically picks up and assigns the name of the logged-in user. Select a different user from the drop-down list to change the assigned user.
- Click Next
3. Set up the Passengers
- Click on the Auto button on the right-hand panel of the screen
- Insert the number of Sharing and Single adults - the sharing pax needs to be total number of pax in double/twin rooms
- You can also insert a Tour Leader, Driver or Guide - costs incurred by tour leaders, drivers and guides in the quote are automatically shared by (added to the totals of) the paying pax
- Click OK
- Add a Child passenger, click on the New button on the right of the screen
- Enter the name or description of the child
- Click on the drop down to select a passenger group - this indicates who the child is sharing with. If left blank, the system will see the child as not sharing with anyone and will allocate Single rates to the Child
- Lastly, enter the age of the child. If left blank, the system will allocate Adult rates to the child
Click OK to add the child to the rest of the passengers:
- Click Next
- Enter any notes that you would like to save regarding this request
- Click Finish
You have now added a new request. A quotation will automatically be created for this request. You will find this Quotation on your Dashboard - double click to open it.
You will also find the Request in the Requests screen, click on the + sign to show the attached Quotation - double click to open it.
The next article will show you how to add services build an itinerary.